Careers @ Mxit
COPY WRITER Posted on 10/10/2012
Are you a bona fide text maniac? And getting the right word in the right place is a matter of pride for you.
Economy of language means getting the message across accurately, seductively and succinctly, but still keeping the essence of the message.
If you are more than capable of penning the words to describe products, services, events and you craft slogans, tag lines and basic ‘how to’ guides with ease, then we have the job for you.
- Develop an effective copy briefing system
- Creation of new copy for advertising on the platform.
- Creation of new copy for various aspects of the platform.
- Scan and proof the current copy that exists in the public domain (web and on the Mxit client.)
- Scan and proof the copy for internal documents.
- Writing copy for ad hoc special projects – this will often require a degree of research and client liasing.
- Write copy for weekly Mxit themes, in conjunction with content team
- Write copy as briefed by the SFX team for campaigns etc
- Write copy for business development, brand and marketing as required
- Give constructive critique and suggestions for new copy during downtime – particularly applied to the current Mxit environment.
- Willingness to Learn
- Demonstrate good time management and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Be a good team player and work well with others.
- Look for work – don’t wait for work to come to you.
- Contribute to a happy and supportive working environment.
- You all so know whats wrong with this sentence.
- Quick learner
- Ability to prioritise
- Impeccable language skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime when needed
- Able to deliver copy quickly
- Min. 3 yrs agency experience
- Excellent command of English (Bonus Afrikaans)
- Relevant qualification
- Experience in the tech/ Telco industry an advantage